It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Would you be interested in seeing a slimmer Deck with laptop-style switches? Switch and LED life will be probably be reduced due to the size but it would be slimmer.
Yes 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
Maybe 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
Depends on the price 18%  18%  [ 4 ]
Not interested, I like the standard Deck style 59%  59%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 22
 Post subject: Battle of the Keyboards!!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:03 am 

Ok first off, I need to say,

I've been a big fan of Deck for a couple years now, I've got an 82 Ice and a Legend ice... And I love them to death, But the thing is, I prefer the lower keys like on a laptop... And I've been wanting to key a slim keyboard for quite some time, And I noticed the Razer Lycosa And IT's got illuminated Slim style keys... But, I'm not really that big a fan of Razer anymore, I got the copperhead, and it's ok, but I don't really like it that much, it's not as comfortable as I thought it would be.

Well, My Suggestion or Request, Would be a Legend with the Slim (but Durable) Keys, and make me even more of a loyal fan of you guys here at Deck, I don't trust Razer anymore, but they do seem to have one of the best keyboards I've ever seen...

Please please for the love of all that is holy, Make a keyboard that will outdo the Lycosa.... I beg you!~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:51 am 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

I will check into this, it would be an interesting addition to our lineup...

Also I have added a poll to your original post to see how many other users may be interested in the same thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:58 am 

Personally, I'd love to see a Deck Legend special edition with the following features:
    Tactile key switches
    Configurable RGB LEDs
    Plain, sans font on the keycaps
    Ambient light sensor for automatic brightness control
I think with a good marketing push, this keyboard would sell very well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:36 pm 

Thanks for adding a Poll to my request Adam. It's been a couple months since the initial request, so I figured I'd see if there's been any responses, and if there's been any interest in the R&D department.

Hell, I'd be willing to pay like $200 for the slim key one, I don't really care about price right now, I just want a keyboard of your quality, and your unique style, with the customizability you offer... I know it's probably a pain in the ass just laying out the plans for it. I just really hope to see it added to your lineup sometime in '08...
Maybe? Heh.

Thanks,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:18 pm 

I actually think this would be a great idea if done right. I understand you would have to use rubber switches and smaller led lights. tbqh, although I think my deck82 is great and everything, I find rubber switches to be slightly more comfortable than mechanical ones. If it is possible to obtain higher quality rubber switches that would last a bit longer than the average keyboard I would be all for it. I think it would be best to go at it with a minimalist approach, with a key layout similar to the deck82. No numpad. Possibly my favorite feature of the deck82 is that it is compact and has a very small footprint. If you could make a keyboard with the same width and length as the deck82 and had laptop style keys I would definitely consider purchasing, so long as the price was reasonable. And by reasonable I mean less than the deck82, since we aren't getting the fancy switches or long lasting leds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:22 am 

Scissors switches feel like they are full of mashed potatoes. Don't do it.

Even the MacBook keyboard feels like crap after typing on mechanical keyboards for so long and it is supposed to be one of the best out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:36 pm 

If Deck can make a scissor keyboard with key caps that do NOT wobble or shift at all, I would be very interested. Integrated pointing device is a big plus if there is a numpad on the right.

If you want to check out your (very weak) competition, please see the IBM travel keyboard part number 31P8950. The keys can shift from side to side for about 0.2 mm. Recent thinkpads are not very good at this metric either.