It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Click Feel
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:07 pm 

Hello,

I am in the market for a new keyboard. Why you might ask...well...I need one that I can see at night with the lights off. I am looking at the G15, but heard about the keys rubbing off. I would like a Deck, but want to know what the click feel is like.

I currently have a Razer>Tarantula and I like the click feel. It is not too quiet and not too loud. How does the Deck compare to the Tarantula.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:43 am 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

I really have no idea how one of those feels because I have a Deck and it is enough for me. After a quick web search for images of the internals, it appears they have a flat panel design with a rubber membrane providing the tactile feedback. We use linear mechanical switches meaning you will not get that tactile feedback. As far as noise is concerned, our products are probably a little louder than most membrane/flat panel designs due to the fact that we use mechanical keyswitches.

Even though we do not have tactile feedback and our products are a bit louder, you still get 50 million key cycles (most others only have 10 million) and characters that will never rub off, not to mention a 30 day money back guarantee and a one year warranty that will still cover your Deck even if you mod it! [NOTE: see this page for more information on the warranty]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:41 pm 

Thanks for the response. I just ordered the legend ice with the extra keycap set.

I'll let you know how it compares to the tarantula. When I type at night I don't want to wake up the wife..that is why I hope it is not louder than my tarantula.

Thanks!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:13 pm 

Well it's a pretty loud keyboard actually IMO. As far as click feel, the switches don't click at all and actually feel kind of mushy which is a common complaint and it takes getting used to. When they stop at the bottom of their stroke is the only tactile feedback. It was a couple of weeks before I really got used to it.

In spite of this however, I really like mine and wouldn't give it up for anything. The build quality and lighting just makes everything else seem like a lesser keyboard.

NP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:39 pm 

Thanks NicklePlate!! I appreciate those words.

I'll post again and let everyone know how the Legend compares with the Tarantula. I am anxiously awaiting shipment and really hope I don't have to return it.

Cheers!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:29 am 

It's worth mentioning that it can be pretty quiet if you don't depress the keys fully (and you don't have to). It still makes noise, but not all that much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:40 pm 
 WWW  ICQ  YIM  Profile

Have you guys considered offering different keyswitches as a BTO option? (i.e. customers could order the high-tactile feel switches if they liked)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:44 pm 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Yes we have considered it. Currently there is no cost-effective way for us to offer this combination. It is in consideration for the future.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]