It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Durability?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:56 pm 

Hey.

I'm considering getting a Legend. I'd much prefer to get the smaller cheaper version, but I'm going crazy with the keyboards I have currently that have the same layout, and the muscles in my hands are beginning to complain too... I really don't think I can afford a Legend, but I saw it and fell in love with it, and I'm a bit obsessive that way.

Anyway. I just bought a Logitec G15, and its spacebar promptly broke after a few hours of use. I won't bother going into details, but if there is a God, he hates me and is determined not to make my life easy around computers, because everything I touch seems to find some bizarre way to break.

How sturdy and accident-proof are Decks? I don't want to shell out £80 on something that I'll destroy within a month like all my other keyboards over the past few years. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:03 pm 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Compared to any other backlit (or non-backlit) keyboard on the market, the Deck is by far the most durable. Here are some reasons:

:arrow: Most other keyboards like your Logitech are membrane keyboards which have a much shorter lifespan measured in keystrokes compared to our heavy-duty mechanical keyswitches.
    :arrow: The lighting effects on our keyboard are rated for about 22 years of continuous use, whereas other boards are not rated to last half as long (or they don't post their ratings at all).
    :arrow: If the plastic keyswitch breaks on your Logitech it probably can't be fixed. With Deck you can replace each switch individually. You can also replace the LEDs, keycaps, USB/PS2 cables, and many of the other components as well.

I am probably missing alot of other features but this is a good start. Our keyboards aren't indestructable but they are more durable than the next guy and have the best lighting effect by far. Keep in mind though that no matter which one you buy, if you spill a can of soda on it you probably won't have it working very long...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:53 pm 

You could beat your board with a hammer, that might break it. I will put it this way, all boards you pick up one handed that are full length boards will creek crack and warp over their own weight. Deck legend wont budge, bend or warp from that. An old server fell on mine once, weighs about 14lbs, the server had dents in it where it landed, my legend was fine. I tear through cheap boards like they were nothing, microsoft, logitech (love their mice though) and just about all others die under my touch, this bad boy looks the exact same as when I first got it.

They show you how to re do the holes for the screws if they might some how strip while working with the board. The fact that they sell replacements for every part if something happens is great as well, cheaper than buying a cheap board every few years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:26 pm 

I'll also say that I carry my 82-key around every day (for use with my laptop), and it's held up fine for the last couple of years with no signs of letting up. It's not a Legend, but I can't imagine that that would make much of a difference.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]