It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Just got my keyboards
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:08 pm 

just unpacked my ice 82 and ice legend...im typing on the 82 atm and i love it... they are very high quality keyboards and i am so happy with it already

cant wait to get home and start swapping keycaps and leds...im at work atm and everyone has been checking out my new keyboards...they're a hit :D lol

quick question...when i plugged in the legend (ps2) the board lit up but wouldnt type... is it a problem w the board or the port?? when i get home i ll plug it in there and try to type...im thinking its my work computer since it seems to have problems recognizing other ps2 keyboards...but if it still doesnt work would i have a problem swapping it for a usb version?? i live in canada remember :(

anyways...overall...i absolutely love this thing...best keyboard ive ever bought in my life! and im sure the legend wont disappoint when i get it working too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:41 pm 

zomg the legend works on my computer at home...i love these keyboards...the legend is defintely very nice...the space bar is a little hard atm...but im sure that ll get worked in over time....anyways...used the 82 key all day at work and i cant get over how fantastic these keyboards are...amazing...just amazing

i ll post pics later of my modded 82 after my father-in-law teaches me how to solder rofl :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:49 am 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Hi old_grendel,

If you plug your Deck Legend with the PS/2 interface into a computer while it is already on and it doesn't work you may want to try a reboot. PS/2 devices are not all that friendly to hot-plugging, but they work 99% of the time when present at boot.

On a side note, if you ever want to switch your Deck Legend from PS/2 to USB you can do so using a phillips screwdriver and a pair of side cutters. The cable on your Deck has a USB plug on one side and a PS/2 plug on the other side. Simply flip the cable around inside the housing and clip the resistor located at W3 from what I remember (top left corner of the PC board, labeled with 'clip for use with USB').

Glad to hear you are happy with your Decks! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:05 am 

so i got some led's into the 82 last night...and i ll be posting up some pics when i get home tonight...super excited!! i love that little thing :D

after i finished the 82 key last night i tried to swap out some leds on the legend and i couldnt figure out how to get the legend pcb out of the case...i took off the top cover w/o any problems...and then the pcb seemed like it was glued down...there was like a plastic casing/brace to hold the pcb in place...but the switches looked like they were mounted on the brace and not the pcb...so i would assume that the brace and pcb come out together as a single piece...but i didnt see any screws holding the brace in...i cant seem to get it out and i dont want to just start prying and break something...zomg help me out!! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:17 am 

found a thread that talks about my prob...so i ll try that tonight and post up if i broke it lol...for anyone else w this problem check out the link here...answers all questions about removing the legend pcb

http://www.deckkeyboards.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=303

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:19 am 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

You are correct - the metal chassis is connected to the PCB and it does fit snugly into the bottom half of the plastic housing. I haven't broken a single Deck yet from prying out the PCB/chassis assembly so don't worry - just take your time and you should have it out no problem.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]