It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: usb hub ftw!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:38 pm 

i know it has been mentioned, but that thread was locked. so i thought i would also chime in that the lack of a usb hub is the only thing giving me pause about purchasing one of your keyboards. yeah, i know i could just break down and BUY a $7 usb hub (and i may still just do that), but i figure if i'm dropping $159 clams for a keyboard, a usb hub would be nice.

btw, i found out about your boards from a friend of mine who has one and i would just like to say that his is easily the nicest, highest quality keyboard i have ever seen (even better than those old school ibm "clicky" boards -- and that's saying a LOT)!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:33 am 
 WWW  Profile

I think the short solution is to buy the $7 hub, you may be waiting a long time for an integrated one.

Also, it's probably not what you had in mind, but if your that motivated to have a hub you could mod the keyboard to incorporate the hub internally (thats what I would do, but not everyone is inclined to drill holes and cut up the casing on such a spendy keyboard).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:27 am 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Deck Legend keyboards require a maximum of 500mA to function properly which would require a powered USB hub, i.e. one more cable coming out of the housing. This is the reason we do not have a hub incorporated into our Deck Legend product.

For $7 and a bit of cutting, nox771's solution would be my route as well. I highly doubt we could ever incorporate a USB hub for less than a $7 increase in overall price so if you can do it by all means get out the Dremel! You can always pick up a new case if needs be and modding it (if done properly) will not void your warranty.