It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ideas for the next Deck keyboards - LED colors?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:29 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Because some people can't make up thier mind on what color they feel like today... or they just want certain keys to have certain colors - why not have something like this.

LED Condoms! Yes, that way your always safe with your choice of colors. I know this sounds strange... but just keep reading.

Scenario:
You bought a Big Red Deck and Yes it's awesome. But one day you get a wild hair to change your entire color theme and go with another color. Yep it's time to break out the soldering iron and hope you haven't had too much caffiene (yep lay off the red bull).

Now imagine if all the LEDs are white and you had a cover that could change them to different colors. Well check out this link. I believe the .12" dia would fit. So all you would have to do is slip some LED Condoms on your Big Deck. You could even have just certain keys with certain colors. I'm not sure of the exact fit but hopefully the .2 or .12 would fit. The price of the white LED I believe would also be cheaper than the blue too.

Well Deck - what do you think? Is this possible or could it happen? You know that every Big Deck needs some Condoms :wink:

Edit - thanks guest - never was great at spelling and my spell-check button is missing on this forum :lol: Guess I need to start copy and paste from word.

Last edited by b0n3z on Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:50 pm 
I think you mean condoms, not comdoms... lol.

Post subject: LEDs
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:08 am 
This looks like a good idea at first, but it would cost more in the long run. Here is what we found:

We have looked into the white LEDs and found them to be about a dime more per unit than even blue LEDs. We have 84 LEDs on the keyboard so it would cost $8.40 more per keyboard to build using the white LEDs. Then you would have to add the LED cover at $1.70 each and that comes to $142.80 extra to add the color to the white LED. The last issue about white LEDs is that they don't last nearly as long as the red, green, blue or yellow.

thanks for the idea and "thinking outside the box". I thought we were the only ones that intrested in these keyboards!!
Deck Guy

Post subject: Re: LEDs
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:32 am 
 WWW  Profile

Deck Tech wrote:
This looks like a good idea at first, but it would cost more in the long run. Here is what we found:

We have looked into the white LEDs and found them to be about a dime more per unit than even blue LEDs. We have 84 LEDs on the keyboard so it would cost $8.40 more per keyboard to build using the white LEDs. Then you would have to add the LED cover at $1.70 each and that comes to $142.80 extra to add the color to the white LED. The last issue about white LEDs is that they don't last nearly as long as the red, green, blue or yellow.

thanks for the idea and "thinking outside the box". I thought we were the only ones that intrested in these keyboards!!
Deck Guy

Whoa Deck Guy - didn't think the white LED would cost more. As for the LED covers - that is 1.70 for a 10 pack (retail). So I understand it may not be marketable due to the added cost.

I guess the real question for myself is this - Would it work? I'm not sure what voltage the white LEDs would need. Would the LEDs covers even fit without getting a key stuck? I personally wouldn't mind paying $23.70 more for an "Elite" version if it was possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:03 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Deck Guy - I didn't mean to put ya on the spot (I read what I typed and it could be taken wrong)... I hope it wasn't taken this way. I just wanted to see if it was possible as I may mod this myself. I just want to know what you guys have tried so I don't make mistakes along the way.

Post subject: changing LEDs
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:15 pm 
Site Admin

Please email tech support so I can go over this directly with you.
mailto:technicalsupport@deckkeyboards.com
thanks
Deck Admin

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]