It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 2 years with my Deck now....
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:55 pm 

And it outlasted the computer it was originally paired with. Still can't say enough great things about this keyboard!!! NO dimming like my EluminX did over time, I've had two key switches break and they were both MY fault. The keyboard goes under the top of my desk on one of those slide out trays. Both times the key switches broke they were from me shoving the keyboard under there too quickly and snapping one off against the edge of the desk. A few screws and a little solder later they were brand new again. (And tech support was WAAAAYYY more than helpful the first time I broke one) viewtopic.php?f=7&t=333

I do have one question though. Due, I think to placement, the cord on my Deck is wearing out right where it enters into the housing. It's the classic old, "hold the cord this way and it works, if it moves, POOF!" kinda thing. I'm sure it's due to how I use the keyboard, 90% of the time I'm leaned back in my chair with my feet up on the desk and the keyboard in my lap. Looking at the cord it appears to be a PS2 connection inside the keyboard, to the USB end that goes into the computer. Does anyone have an idea where I can purchase another one of the cords to replace mine? Believe me, I don't think this is a reflection on Deck quality at all, because I know it's from the way the keyboard is stored and used, just a normal wear thing. I also know that being 2 years old, it's well out of warranty, and am only looking to be pointed in the right direction to buy what I need to fix what I, MYSELF, caused. Like I said, this keyboard is a TANK, and WELL worth the investment. If there is anything wrong with one anywhere, I would suspect user error before anything else!

Old comp

New Comp

Post subject: Re: 2 years with my Deck now....
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:34 am 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Very happy to hear your Deck is still helping you kick some @$$ and take some names :)

We sell the replacement cables for the Deck Legend boards, you can find them here (waiting until I possibly upgrade the main site before I post them up):

http://www.deckkeyboards.com/catalog/pr ... ucts_id=94

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:41 pm 

Stellar response and service as always!

I'll be ordering on payday!

Thanks again Adam, for great service and a great product. Friends still marvel at my keyboard LOL.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:13 pm 

New cord in place, along with some green LEDs!! I'll post up some pics when I get hyome tonight.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:43 am 

Skull and crossbones for both Windows keys LOL.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:23 am 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Very nice! I definetly like the placement of the skull & crossbones keys, very appropriate :)

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:12 pm 

DeckGuy Adam wrote:
Very nice! I definetly like the placement of the skull & crossbones keys, very appropriate :)

Hehe, I've done that on my two 82 key units. I have the crossbones in the top corner where the Windows flag used to be. I love it being up there & out of the way.

The toxic 82 key + keypad has been a real head turner where I work & helps when they turn the lights off on me when I work too late. :lol: