It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Some questions before I buy
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:06 pm 

I'm really interested in the Deck Legend - I really like having backlit keys, and especially like the warranty :). Except I don't like linear switches, so if I get it I'd be switching those out with Cherry Blues for sure.

So my questions are:

1: Are the switches PCB mounted or plate mounted?

2: I noticed from a picture somewhere that there's a diode on the switches themselves, except it wasn't clear enough to tell: Are those the LEDs, or the diodes used for n-key rollover?

Post subject: Re: Some questions before I buy
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:12 pm 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Currently we only offer linear switches, but keep checking back and maybe you will see something new in the near future...

In any case if you buy a Deck with linear switches with the intention of switching to tactile switches you will be doing a lot of soldering/desoldering! For the Deck 82 the switches are mounted on the PCB, for the Deck Legend they are mounted on a metal chassis.

The switches themselves do not have a diode in them. The diode is located on the PCB near the switch. These are used for n-key rollover. Currently we use Cherry keyswitch MX1A-11NW.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:35 pm 

Thanks for the info.

And yeah, I'm pretty prepared for the soldering :). I just absolutely want a backlit keyboard for gaming since I always play in the dark. Though if by 'near future' you mean 'next week', I just might wait :D

And just to double check, are the MX1A-11NW switches used in both models? According to Cherry, the plate-mount linear switch model is MX1A-11NN (which would have been my guess for the Legend until I read the last line of your post).

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:35 am 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

I don't think we will have anything new by next week, possibly closer to the middle of summer maybe?

Yes the MX1A-11NW switches are used in both. Even though the Legend has the switches plate-mounted, using the 11NW's does aid in the assembly process.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:01 pm 

Well that's still soon enough, I guess I'll be waiting :D

Thanks again for the info!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:53 pm 

Once the person has mastered how to navigate the remote control helicopter, then the person can go ahead and fly it in the house. The recent model of the electric remote control helicopter is best for in the house flying, because it is small enough to be maneuvered around.

4CH Esky Helicopters