It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Just got my 82 key yesterday..
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:34 am 

I really hope this bounces off an admin. >.o

Deck 82, Fire.

Nice keys, I like the response (Mechanical, solid; not stupid little gel bubbles).

LEDs- hella bright, many different shades- this replaced a red saitek keyboard and let me say that I'll never look back.

I can see some circuit board between the keys, and its illuminated by the red lights inside. Very nice effect. Does make me extra worried of any accidental spills, though.

Main concerns:
The diamond plate that comprises the bottom of the keyboard: Cam with rubber 'feet' stuck on only three corners. I noticed this fairly quickly, and I found no trace of it inside the box. It makes the keyboard lean ever so slightly and I was hoping there's a way to get a replacement foot without having to mail my keyboard back.

I'm really sorry to have jumped on the bandwagon late, and I'm somewhat interested in hearing how much it'd cost to have a 21 key companion board fabricated. I'm pretty electronic component savvy, just give me a schematic even! I didn't realize how much I use the number pad until its gone. And given the style and tactile response on this keyboard, I don't think a ten-key side pad would even feel okay to use.

The board is really thick. However, to compensate, the computer desk I'm building will now include a custom Deck shaped rectangular dip to lower the keys to a more comfortable height.

I'd like to swap out the blue LED in the caps lock button for a red one. I'd also like it if there was a way to

Final opinion:
a Deck keyboard is a suitable and quality crafted piece of precision computer hardware. I would purchase it again and recommend it. My next custom PC rig will probably call for a toxic colored legend. I hope my purchase has fattened some creative innovator's wallet and I hope you guys at deck continue to produce quality hardware for me to consider in the future.

Post subject: Re: Just got my 82 key yesterday..
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:42 am 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Glad to hear you are happy with your Deck :) Please email me your shipping info at technicalsupport@deckkeyboards.com and I will send you a few replacement rubber feet.

The cost to fabricate a 21 key numberpad would probably be astronomical in comparison to using something else off the shelf (yes I know blasphemy!) or upgrading to a Deck Legend.

If you are interested in modifying the lighting on your Deck (such as the caps lock) we do provide a schematic:
http://www.deckkeyboards.com/documents/ ... ematic.pdf

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:54 am 

...And I'd challenge Logitech or Saitek to provide this quick of a response for customer service.

Also, this schematic business is brilliant. I wish American industry didn't destroy openness the way it does! *cracks knuckles*

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:48 pm 

Saitek boards are just, well not of a decent quality. I had mine for roughly 3 months before the paint started wearing off. My next backlit keyboard was a step up G15 but nothing compares to the awesomeness of these boards.