It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Which type of keyswitches would you prefer in your Deck?
Linear (current) 22%  22%  [ 9 ]
Tactile 78%  78%  [ 32 ]
Total votes : 41
 Post subject: Re: Linear vs. Tactile keyswitch thread
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:58 pm 

Quote:
Cherry brown switches are extremely hard to get so we would most likely go with white (MX1A-C1NW) or blue (MX1A-E1NW).

Well that's good news to hear, it was sounding like you guys were trying to go with the browns and I was afraid of that. If the community from geekhack or the requests and mods done here on the Deck forums are indicative of the type of demand, it sounds like blues are what people are wanting. The browns are too similar to the black in tactility imo. I prefer regular tactility over light tactility. The bump is too light in the browns... feels like rubber dome membrane all over again. Blues on the other hand are like the polar opposite of the black-- clicky tactility, which is great for letting the customer decide (assuming you're keeping blacks as well) which extreme to take instead of middle of the road browns. I've let people type on my Deck and they almost always ask, "What's the difference?" People who type on blues though feel the greatness right away!

I'm not familiar with white switches. I hear they're an older version of the blues?

Post subject: Re: Linear vs. Tactile keyswitch thread
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:38 am 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Hamps wrote:
I'm not familiar with white switches. I hear they're an older version of the blues?

They are like the browns but with a slightly higher force. Basically the same as linear but with a soft tactile response.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4