It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mod Ideas
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:10 pm 

I've got a bunch of Mod Ideas, but they definatly involve some pretty serious changes. Can we discuss things like trying to create a seperated 10 key and splice it into the PS/2 connector? Or wire in some hardware to make the LEDs pulsate? Tell me what you think!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:46 pm 

TO GRIMSEA;IN ANSWER TO YOUR IDEA OF A 10 KEY KEYPAD, IN LATE FEB OR MAR, 2005, DECK KEYBOARDS WILL UNVEIL A 21 KEY KEYPAD, BACKLIT THE SAME AS THE ORIGINAL DECKKEYBOARD, IT WILL BE A USB HUB WITH DIMMING THE SAME AS THE ORIGINAL DECK KEYBOARD. IT WILL BE AVAILABLE IN THE SAME 3 BACKLIGHTING COLORS SO THE 2 KEYBOARDS TOGETHER WILL = 103 KEYS. THE 21 KEY VERSION WILL USE THE SAME EXTREMELY RUGGED, LONG LIFE (50 MILLION CYCLE) KEY SWITCHES AS THE ORIGINAL. ......... NOW ABOUT THE PULSATING BACKLIGHTING...WE CONSIDERED SUCH A THING USING THE SOFTWARE IN THE KEYBOARDS MICROCONTROLLER BUT CONSIDERED IT TOO DISTRACTING WHILE TYPING,,, ESPECIALY IF ITS DARK AND YOU HAVE THE BACKLIGHTING UP TO LEVEL 7 (BRIGHTEST). I THINK IT WOULD BE COOL TO HAVE A RED(FIRE) MAIN KB, AND A BLUE(ICE) 21 KEY(NUMERIC KEYS). BOTH WOULD BE DIMMABLE SEPARATELY. TOM G

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:33 pm 

Thanks for the reply Catvan. That's a great idea with the Fire and Ice combo. I like the idea of having a seperate 10-keypad.

I'm still under the impression that a pulsating keyboard would be pretty cool, but I'll take your word for it. Would there be any way to add maybe a single pulsating key? Like the skull key? Or to have the ability to make the keyboard pulse, but have an On/Off switch? I think the effect would be great. Hopefully that will be a possibility in the future.

The idea about the Clan Logo or something similar mentioned in the other forum is a pretty cool idea as well. I'm currently in the process of making a horror case mod for my PC. A pulsating green board with maybe a glowing skull over the whole of the board would look pretty cool. Maybe selling replacement keys that make a picture or something. These boards are just too cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:24 am 

For blinking / dimming / on / off control you could make the keyboad an additional USB device. The regular device obays the HID conventions, but the keyboard could also expose a second device which could be used to control the LED/sound/whatever behavior. this would allow 3rd party software like a game to alter the keyboard behavior. The USB driver under windows could handle turning the LEDs off when standby happens. etc.

Additionally you could offer a premium keyboard with tri-color leds in them and allow programmatic choice of each keys color and brightness. programmable via a USB driver of course. This would make color coding of gaming keys real neat.

How about offering a keyboard case that combines the main keyboard & the 21 key.

I would pay a LOT for a key board with all this. $500 would be fine. Keyboards last forever, we update our computers more often.

How about developing this for laptops? the additional USB device control of the led power would allow use at various power levels. I'd kill for it. Some of the gamer mfgs. like Alienware might spring for it as a super-premium to differentiate them.

Another Idea is to make the PC board "split" so that different angled keyboards can be make (fixes carpal tunnel problems) see MS Ergonomic keyboard... but offer ability to dup the split keys.

Post subject: Computer downloadable LED comands( 3rd party software)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:40 pm 

fredDarmstadt, Great idea(s), individualy addressable LEDs, a whole 104 keyboards worth. we looked at that in aprox 1999 and didn't do it as it's expensive, and we didn't know any 3rd party software developers who would REALY be interested. but maybe the time has come. In about 4 months, we will introduce a standard 104 key layout KB with the same 50 million cycle keys and the same LED backlighting as we have and the same negative image keycaps we now have. Hey keep those ideas coming. you can E-MAIL me at tech support.
TOM g

Post subject: First Post
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:10 pm 

I Love the look of this board and the construction behind it. I have just ordered it and waiting anxiously for it to get here. I am an avid FPS gamer and l would love to see weapon Caps for some of the number keys for instance indicating
knife
handgun
rifle
grenade etc. (maybe diff types of weapons)

I hate the cardboard overlaly approach like novalogic and the thought it would be permanent is great. Just an idea from a 43 year old gaming dork.

Post subject: Re: First Post
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:17 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Charlie_64 wrote:
I Love the look of this board and the construction behind it. I have just ordered it and waiting anxiously for it to get here. I am an avid FPS gamer and l would love to see weapon Caps for some of the number keys for instance indicating
knife
handgun
rifle

I hate the cardboard overlaly approach like novalogic and the thought it would be permanent is great. Just an idea from a 43 year old gaming dork.

Charlie - excellent idea! I think this would be quite nice in some of the games I play. Maybe an easier way would be to have keys where you could make your own image show through. Like a clear top (black edges) key that you could use paint or a marker to block out the light.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:48 am 

Quote:
Like a clear top (black edges) key that you could use paint or a marker to block out the light.

Now, being Danish, I'd have to say I love that idea, this way, I could make the Danish special keys myself..

...and any other über1337 gamer keys, I could want.
:D

<edit> come to think of it, you could print just about anything on clear film, like you use on an overhead projector, and stick it to the back of the clear surface of the keys?

damn, I'm getting ideas now,
please make these keys,
or i'll...
I'll...
...tell my mommy!
:roll:

Post subject: Re: First Post
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:34 pm 

Charlie_64 wrote:
knife
handgun
rifle

hey, not too bad, im a 31 year old dork. i think you nailed it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]