It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Questions before purchasing a Deck as my first mechanical.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:06 am 

I'm in the market for my first mechanical keyboard. On my radar are the usual suspects: Deck, Das, Filco, Ducky, etc.

Two factors that really play a role are the ability to get replacement keycaps and backlighting.

The Deck Legend is backlit, but there really is not much info about them on the internet in general as compared to some other aforementioned brands. Also the forum here is not very alive.

What replacement keycaps are available for the Deck Legend? From what sources?

If i wanted Esc, Shift, Alt, Ctrl to be different colors would it be recommended change the LED or get a new keycap?

This looks like a really quality product and I'm interested in knowing what would make it superior to others in the market. Being able to paint the casing is not of any value to me. :lol:

Post subject: Re: Questions before purchasing a Deck as my first mechanica
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:34 am 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Deck can issue replacement keycaps in certain events (ex. original cap is damaged, lost, etc). However, we will not issue full set replacements, nor do we sell keycap sets any longer.

To change the color you would need to replace LEDs. This can also involve resistor changes. We provide electrical schematics for this but no further support.

Deck keyboards are superior because it is the only keyboard using high quality mechanical keyswitches where each individual key is LED backlit. No other product on the market can say that, and no other product can match the backlighting effect that Deck has.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:42 am 

DeckGuy Adam wrote:
Deck can issue replacement keycaps in certain events (ex. original cap is damaged, lost, etc). However, we will not issue full set replacements, nor do we sell keycap sets any longer.

To change the color you would need to replace LEDs. This can also involve resistor changes. We provide electrical schematics for this but no further support.

Deck keyboards are superior because it is the only keyboard using high quality mechanical keyswitches where each individual key is LED backlit. No other product on the market can say that, and no other product can match the backlighting effect that Deck has.

Is there some place that I can buy compatible keycaps?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:57 am 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

We cannot suggest any sites to buy keycaps. I can tell you that keycaps made for Cherry MX switches should fit, however the backlighting effect is only possibly with our method of printing.