It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: April 05 Maximum PC Review of the "Fire" Deck
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:11 pm 
Just got my April 05 Issue.

Horrible review :(

I totally think the review is misleading in that, where in the contrast between the size of a Deck keyboard and a laptop keyboard?

I have a Acer Gaming Laptop and the keys on that are as small and as tightly grouped as those of the Deck Keyboards. And, so what if some of the keys have to be relearned. BFD right?

I will say that if a full sized keyboard would have been offered, I as well as most others would have opted for it instead. But then we get away from true meaning of the product in the first place, a small compact lan oriented gaming keyboard.

Sometimes the media, TV, Magazines, Radio, etc are a little too hard nosed. I can fine just as many positive things about the keyboard as they found wrong. An 8 would have been better than a 4.

I'm sure there will be a Deck 2 Series of Keyboars that are fullsized with more features.

You guys have my support. Great product even if my Deck is a little drunk at the moment leaning side to side.

Kristina Oom

Post subject: keyboards
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:11 pm 
hi, im new. i have been reading maxpc for awhile now, i cant beleive they gave it a 4. this thing has kick a$$# written all over it.
i found a lot of luminescent (sp) but this one is definitely a winner.

im gettin one.
muhahahaha....
btw, u had good posts.

Post subject: Re: April 05 Maximum PC Review of the "Fire" Deck
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:31 am 
uh...its me again. Maxpc has been on a downward spiral for a while. i think this thing rocks and i cant wait. i have been around maxpc for a while but i could not find any info on this on their site and i cant find my april issue. after a lot of research and a lot of drooling, mine is on the way. its a fairly new product but i think it will be successful.

i found this.
http://www.moditory.com/content.php?review.84

Post subject: review
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:09 pm 

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, we think it was a bad review also, but it is their opinion and we have to respect that. Please note the keyboard WILL still be under warranty if it is modded with good workmenship. If a person wanted to change the caps lock LED and the cord fails a week later, then the cord would still be covered under warranty. Most people that review this keyboard rate it much higher.
thanks
Deck Guy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:56 pm 

I got so angry when I read that review that I tore the magazine in half! :evil: I used to respect MaxPC as a great PC mag, but after this unforgivable review I cannot justify renewing my subscription. I don't have time to read a magazine that doesn't know it's @$$ from a hole in the ground. (Not to mention the 5-page web-hosting ad in the middle of every issue) I think Deck should demand an immediate return of the review sample, those hosers don't deserve such an awesome product after talking that kind of $hit about it! I stand behind my opinion that the Deck is the greatest keyboard ever produced, everybody in my LAN gaming group ordered Decks after seeing mine, as well as a buddy in AZ who I sent a pic to. If anyone reading this has doubts about buying a Deck after reading that travesty in MaxPC, don't let one rim-jobber's opinion screw you out of having the best KB money can buy! 8)

Post subject: Re: review
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:22 am 
I just got the issue. those morons. why dont they let a gamer review this board instead of some dude in a tie. i sent him a PM. There are a lot of inconsistenices in his review. for example, the CTRL and ALT keys are in the same place, bottom left. and who needs 2 ctrl and 2 alt keys? Removing these should have happened years ago. i stll dont see how its cramped. i measured it and the measurments are identical. whatever. i cant talk about it. neway, deck rules, mpc drools. :twisted:

Post subject: Kristina Oom
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:23 pm 
To truely get the feel of this wonderful and very cool keyboard, it takes a few days if not more of using it.

I am very curious about the length of time the reviewer used this keyboard for? A few hours, the entire work day?

Something is fishy about this review the more I think about it. And many people are saying the keys a exactly spaced apart the same as a full sized keyboard ? If this is true .... Hrmmm .. makes you think and wonder.

Post subject: Re: Kristina Oom
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:40 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
To truely get the feel of this wonderful and very cool keyboard, it takes a few days if not more of using it.

I am very curious about the length of time the reviewer used this keyboard for? A few hours, the entire work day?

Something is fishy about this review the more I think about it. And many people are saying the keys a exactly spaced apart the same as a full sized keyboard ? If this is true .... Hrmmm .. makes you think and wonder.

he told me he used it for FPS, MMO and RTS. He said he used it for 2 weeks and the keys were so loud, it woke up his wife in the next room. :? i measured the Deck against the regualar keyboard and from the A to L is the same distance on both. i measured the distance between the keys, the same. my old PS2 keyboard feels more cramped than this one does, like the distance between the A and W feels better on the deck.
I am really glad i trusted my gut on this one.

Post subject: maximum pc review
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:04 am 
i was also very disappointed in the mpc review...i have been a mpc reader for years, the mag actually taught me how to work on computers myself...i think the deck is the best kb i have ever used...it seems that mpc's biggest gripe was the size of the deck...as a gamer, its perfect when mousing to have all the keys so comviently close together at your other hand...and i have never experianced such rich illumination from a kb...i love it so much that i will be one of the first to buy the full size model when it is available...the price is not an issue at all for such a well built piece of equipment...i will still keep reading mpc...i find that they are usually rite on the money with most items they review...however, i will certainly send them an email about the article...

Post subject: KB Review
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:20 pm 
I totally agree with you. Size matters, and this in this case, as a gamer, I prefer to allocate my desktop space to my mouse, and not a bunch of wasted keys on an oversized keyboard.

This keyboard is totally solid and it occupies just about the perfect amount of space. It is as comfortable as any, and twice as solid.

My only beef, which I outlined in another post, is the placement of the "`/~" key. Normally found at the top left, Deck moved it to the bottom left with the "START" key is normally found.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]