It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Only one key I can't get uesd to
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:21 am 
Ok, so I have had this ting a month now, and I am pretty much back to my pre-Deck keyboard level of fraggin on games like Call of Duty and UT2004 and Battlefield Vietnam.

If you have been gaming as long as I have, it does take a while to breakout of the old keyboard habits.

The only key that I think is misplaced is the `/~ or key, which is normally locate in the top right-hand corner.

Sure, they moved the Windows key, which was smart, since it could not be re-assigned. Often when I chose to duck or go prone in a game, that friggin Windows START menu would pop up. However, since Deck put the `/~ key there, it can also create problems. This key is often not available for a re-assign in most games because it is bound to the Console function. So, often when I am reaching down there with my left pinky fingure, I am pressing that key, and up comes the Console. Very frustrating.

Oh well, I have re-assigned the other keys so that I don't poke around there as much, but it was still a bit frustrating. Hey - the key has to go somewhere right.

All in, a bang-up job on getting me the keyboard, really really solid design, excellent performance, and, man, in the dark, the board is so sweet. I love it.

Post subject: Sorry
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:23 am 
That `/~ key is in the top LEFT hand corner. Geesh. Can't edit post, once posted. Should've spent more time editing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:07 am 
I agree, but mainly because I'm used to alt being right next to the spacebar; I think that I would prefer to have `/~ between alt and ctrl. It won't keep me from using the keyboard, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:30 pm 
Actually, does anyone know of a way to switch keys like that? I'd love to switch the tilde key with the alt key, but I'm not sure if there's an easy way to do it. In one game I play, I use alt extensively, and having it in a different (and much less accessible, at least for my left thumb) position is really screwing me up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:37 pm 
My apologies for the spam. Anyway, I figured out how to remap keys (just mucking around with the registry and scan codes). Unfortunately, this means that I probably don't need my Deck, because I have another keyboard that I'll most likely end up using (same layout as the third keyboard on this page: http://www.clickykeyboard.com/other_ibm.htm) instead.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]