It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: 101 key kb?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:16 am 
is Deck going to make a 101 key kb:?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:27 am 

Rumor has it that one is in the works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:24 pm 
 WWW  Profile

o cool
any idea of a date?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:57 pm 
Yeah, is there any word on the date of a full 101 key (not just a 21 key keypad)? I was directed by a friend to this site, and after looking at the beauty of this product, I know it's a matter of when--not if--I will buy it. BUT, I would really, really rather have a full 101 keyboard that isn't miniaturized. Please tell me this is what is in the works, and not just a 21 key numpad that is separate from the keyboard! However, if you guys aren't making a larger keyboard, I will just get the small one you have now, but I would rather wait and get a full-sized one if I know there is one in the works. deckGuys? Can you say anything? :D thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:46 pm 
I'm desparately search for a letter-lit (like the Deck, where the letter lights up not the entire key ... I don't need a lamp under my hands) 101 (104 preferred) key keyboard.

I'm finicky. I won't be buying an 82 key + separate numpad. The key layout on the current Deck keyboard and I will never get along.

I need a full size, preferrably with removable armrest, standard layout (arrow keys and "home", etc laid out as a typical fullsize keyboard layout).

I don't need the case to be clear, if it is I'll likely be painting it to hide the shine from the sides. I only need to see the keys.

The Deck concepts and construction are amazing, give me a full size board with all this and I'll easily pay $200 for it.

But I won't be able to live with the current offering even with the planned numpad. For now I guess I'll keep a USB reading light on my normal keyboard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:42 pm 
I agree... this is the style of backlit keyboard I've been waiting for and tring to find for over a year now, and the moment a full-sized blue-backlit version is available, I'm gonna be placing my order *immediately*...

Any idea when it'll be ready? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:16 am 
I won't quote who said it, but I got a reply that Deck plans a black housed, LED lit fullsize keyboard sometime this summer (exactly what I wanted!).

That means they must have prototypes now and are probably entering certification trials soon.

Cross your fingers and put on your wrist protectors! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:17 pm 
That's great news - the thing I've hated thus far with other backlit keyboards is that who the Hell wants an otherwise-all-black keyboard with white buttons???

Looking *really* forward to a full-sized all-black keyboard with blue backlighting and keys! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:48 pm 
*BUMP*

We wanna see more about this. Like the previous poster said if you are expecting some form of summer delivery then there must be prototypes. I would love to see pictures or at least an announcement as proof so that I know I'm not holding off on buying for naught. If September hits and there's narry a shred of evidence I'll just break down and hack the transparent smoke-colored keyboard from MS and post instructions on how to get LEDs inside that one. Won't look as good as the Deck would have, but I could do that right now with a simple second USB plug, may even be able to do it without the extra USB port.

Make my hack ideas unneeded! Show us!

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:27 am 
I too am looking for a backlit 101 kb deck-style.. count me as a buyer the day it comes out.

Who, as one poster stated, needs a lamp under their hands!

I look forward to such kb. It would be extremely nice to keep at least the same colot options (gold would be my choice.)

thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:17 pm 
I'd buy one as well.

Post subject: full size Deck
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:57 pm 

Hey all,

Yes we are working on the full size Deck. We are still working on the PCB. The housing is done and the keycaps are done. We still need to get proto keyboards built to test. When tested then we can get production qty built. We are still shooting for the June/ July time frame.

thanks for your interest - I'm wanting this done also, I'm getting emails daily.

thanks
Deck Guy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:27 am 

Are you planning on multiple colored 101 key keyboards, like the current models, or are you just doing black housings. I personally would love to have a 101 key version of the Ice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:24 am 
I have a question that hasn't been asked yet. There are basically three main layouts for non-ergonomic qwerty keyboards; I think of them as one-, two-, or three-section keyboards. One-section keyboards are what the current Deck keyboard is, and it's what most laptops are. Two-section keyboards are like the one-section but with a numpad on the right. Three-section keyboards have a third section between the numpad and main section, which contains the arrow keys, insert/delete, page up/down, and home/end. (The other two styles compress these keys around the main section and it makes using them alot more irritating).

My question is, is the 101-key Deck a two-section or a three-section keyboard?

This is an example of a two-section keyboard.
The Saitek LED keyboard is an example of a three-section keyboard.

Post subject: 105 key Deck
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:10 am 

Here is the deal. We will be making the 105 key - three section keyboard. As you plan on time frames things do come up and "suck" up your time. We are still working on this larger Deck and plan to have them ready this summer. We want to have them ready today if we could. So the sooner the beter is what we are shooting for. The housings will come in only black while the LEDs will come in blue, green, yellow/gold and red.

thanks
Deck Guy

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next