It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Macintosh Input
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:12 pm 

Dear Folks,
Just received my "ice" version of your 82 key keyboard and with the 21 key keypad.

It does work on my dual 2 Ghz G5 Macintosh running the latest version of OS X (Tiger). But there are some things that need attention...

Tiger, by the way, notices the new keyboard the first time it sees it and then with some input sorts out how to handle the Déck keyboard, with the following exceptions.

Here are the issues I've discovered over the last few days: (1) Later Mac keyboards have an optical drive eject key and your keyboard doesn't. This is actually no big deal as the F12 key can also perform this function, but this fact is unfortunately not well communicated in Apple's documentation. No action needed here. (2) The Numlock key on the 21 key keypad doesn't work at all. That is, the number keys on the keypad can only be used for numbers. Pressing the Numlock key doesn't change a thing and it doesn't light up either (at least it is honest). This is a problem for me and someone there in Déckland (Wayne Pietluck) is very helpfully looking into this for me, for which I am grateful. (3) The other issues are the position of the apple command key (only one of them) and the tilde key which are way different than usually (and there are the spacing and keysize issues that others have reported to you)- but again you seem to have solved these problems in your new 105 key keyboard.

Of course, I'm sitting here with my brand new two piece Déck keyboard trying to get used to it and I can't help but notice that you have just announced (two days ago) that your new 105 key combined keyboard which solves all of my issues will be available in a couple of weeks...

Can we talk?

By the way, as NO other illuminated keyboard is available that is even this close to being fully Macintosh compatible, you may wish to consider increasing your exposure to the Apple community forums out there that specialize in illuminated keyboard thinking. When I say that there is much demand for such a 105 key integrated keyboard (as you've just completed developing) in the Mac community, I think I'm understating it some.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:59 pm 

Hi tyvol,

If I remember correctly, Deck has a 30-day money-back guarantee. If I were you, I'd send back the 82-key and 21-key while you still have time, and then order the 105-key when it's available.

If you were using them on a PC then I might see it differently, but since you're on a Mac and have legitimate complaints, there shouldn't be anything wrong with returning them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:04 pm 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Thank you for your input about the Mac compatibility, and the suggestion toi increase our product awareness in the Mac community. About your Decks - please contact technicalsupport@deckkeyboards.com and we would be happy to work with you. Thanks.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]