It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Deck Legend 105 Key Keyboard Now On Website
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:01 pm 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Hello everybody. Here is what you have been waiting for. The release of the Deck Legend 105 key full size keyboard.

It is now available through the site. HOWEVER, when you add them to your cart, it will say they are unavailable. The reason for this is we are still building them and we will fulfill orders in the order they come in. We will ship the first ones on Monday November 7th and continue to build our inventory after all orders are satisfied.

If you have any technical problems with the website features related to ordering a Deck Legend, please post here and I will fix issues as I see them.

Also, don't forget to select whether you would like the USB/PS2 version and whether you would like the Mac/PC keycap version when adding to the cart.

Enjoy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:04 pm 

Just placed my order for a shiny (or is that matte?) new Legend Fire.

This mitsumi pos i've had for the last few months days are numbered...

1 Question though, I ordered a USB version for PC. Will it be possible for me to change the cable and convert it to a PS2 at a later date if necessary? I remeber that your picture showed both sockets populated on the circuit board; is there a switch/cable swap combo that can be done by the user?

I may be ordering a couple more of these over the next few months and I'm in a mixed environment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:17 pm 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Yes it is possible but it isn't the most fun conversion you could ask for. For details about switching the interface, view the user manual under the Your Support section of the website. You can also see more features of the new Deck Legend here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:03 pm 

I didn't see that manual when I looked at the website, but it had everything I needed to know. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:11 pm 

SWEET!!!! Just ordered one of the blue ones...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:13 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Awesome I just ordered a green one. Now I just have to wait to get it. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:51 am 

First let me preface... I want to buy one of these because you guys know how to do this and you have a really great reputation. However, I know squat about soldering and anything to do with modding a keyboard on my own. I found Deck because I had a horrible experience with a Saitek I bought at a local B&M and want quality over bargain prices... granted, if I wanted something that could withstand a mortar shell, I could hand over about $600, but I really just need something for gaming ;)

That said... Why is it necessary to do the rewiring, clipping, etc. as described in the manual? Would it be at all possible for you to create a PS/2+USB version of the keyboard that accepts a standard USB->PS/2 adapter? ... OR ... would it be easier to make a switch that would turn on USB and turn off PS/2 (and vice versa)?

Now, granted... I ask this because I have a PS/2 KVM switch to control two computers. I was considering just going and purchasing a USB KVM switch. Has the Legend been tested with any "mainbrand" KVM switch (USB and/or PS/2) yet?

Post subject: CapsLock/NumLock/ScrollLock lights...
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:57 am 

Is it possible to get a blue Legend keyboard with blue -Lock lights instead of red? I definitely prefer everything being all one color.

Conversely, is it possible to get the specs for the red LED's used to be able to acquire the same specification of blue LED's and do a home modification?

Post subject: Legemd/Brightness/USB?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:31 pm 

I am legally blind. Your MOD section gives the lumens for all the colors except green. Green has the most sensitivity for the eye. Which of your colors is brighter?

I am using a PS2 KB with Windows XP Pro SP2. I have USB 2.0. Will the USB version of the legend work for me?

Do the keys have tactile feedback?

Last edited by Bob Gundal on Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:29 pm 

I ordered one of these 2 days ago. How long will it take to get it?:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:38 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Did you start shipping these today?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:38 pm 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Ok, sorry it took so long to respond but I have been trying to gather the most informative answers to your questions. I'm still receiving the information so bear with me. It is very busy around here trying to get all your orders filled. And yes they are shipping starting today and will continue in greater numbers tomorrow. I can't say at the moment whose orders have been shipped at this time because I don't have access to that at the moment. We are shipping them in the order that they came in and I believe you will get email confirmation when they ship but I will give a 100% answer on that tomorrow.

As far as PS2/USB converters are concerned, they will NOT work with our keyboards. Please view this thread about PS2/USB adapters.

KVM switches: our keyboards have been tested with some KVM switches - I don't know if they were any specific brand (I think they are generic). They worked with some and did not with others. All I can say is give it a try and if it doesn't work you at least have the 30 day money back guarantee period to send it back if you don't like it or if it doesn't fit your needs.

Green LED's: I have updated the specs for the green LEDs on the main website. You can view those specs on the 'Modify' section. The specs for the red, blue, and yellow LED's should already be posted. These should help assist anyone when buying LEDs to try and match the ones currently used by us.

I have also been told that it will NOT be possible to get different color LED's put into any boards (example: no swapping blue lock light LED's into an Ice board). They are mass produced and the cost in labor to us to modify that many boards at special request would cost us a ton of money. This is the reason we give a very lenient warranty - and actually encourage you to modify your Deck to make it the way you like it. If you follow the specs given under the 'Modify' section you should have no problem matching LED's. And no we do not sell surplus LED's - you will have to find them at stores such as Radio Shack or a local electronics supply or the like.

Last edited by DeckGuy Adam on Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:53 pm 

DeckGuy Adam wrote:
I have also been told that it will NOT be possible to get different color LED's put into any boards (example: no swapping blue lock light LED's into an Ice board). They are mass produced and the cost in labor to us to modify that many boards at special request would cost us a ton of money. This is the reason we give a very lenient warranty - and actually encourage you to modify your Deck to make it the way you like it. If you follow the specs given under the 'Modify' section you should have no problem matching LED's. And no we do not sell surplus LED's - you will have to find them at stores such as Radio Shack or a local electronics supply or the like.

O.K., thanks for the quick turnaround on the info - and thanks for giving us the guidance (and the leeway on the warranty) to do these sort of things ourselves. Been looking forward to this! Whoohoo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:22 pm 

DeckGuy Adam wrote:
As far as PS2/USB converters are concerned, they will NOT work with our keyboards. I will provide either a link or a further explanation later in either a new post or by editing this post.

KVM switches: our keyboards have been tested with some KVM switches - I don't know if they were any specific brand (I think they are generic). They worked with some and did not with others. All I can say is give it a try and if it doesn't work you at least have the 30 day money back guarantee period to send it back if you don't like it or if it doesn't fit your needs.
OK, so if I understand this train of thought correctly (and based on my earlier posts about KVM switches and usb>ps/2 adapters) it would be in my best interest to ditch the PS/2 KVM buy a new usb-based KVM switch.

Does that make sense to you, Adam?

I also thought it would be cool to use the keyboard with my Xbox 360 once I pick that up from the store, so USB it is. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:40 am 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

It's up to you really. Since you already have a PS2 KVM set up, my suggestion would be to buy your Deck Legend with the PS2 setup. Give it a try with your KVM and if it doesnt work, all you would have to do is unscrew the 10 or so screws from the housing, switch the cord around on the circuit board, and clip out one resistor that is very easy to find. Converting the Legend from PS2>USB is a very easy conversion with no soldering; USB>PS2 is the trickier one but also not really that complicated.
At least if it does work you didn't have to spend the extra money on the new KVM.

Eventually though you would have to convert it to USB to use it with your 360. I don't think they are going to provide a PS2 interface on those but I could be wrong.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next