It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Deck 105 IS THE LAST KEYBOARD I'LL EVER NEED
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:13 pm 

Received mine yesterday and this is an awesome keyboard. Keys are very bright and easy to see in low light. My Deck replaced the Saitek Eclipse. With the Saitek I was hunting and pecking the keys. With the Deck all is crystal clear. :D

Thanks DECK for a great keyboard.

Post subject: DITTO!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:45 pm 

Did exactly the same thing. Got the Legend Gold today. awesome. Got the PS2 version so I can fire up my computer once again using ctrl+F1 which I couldn't do with the USB Saitek Eclipse (which is going back to best buy). I'm amazed at how bright these keys get. Intensity is set at level 4, which is just fine for my evening typing. I also am coming from the saitek eclipse which was another upgrade from a Eluminix. This legend may take a little getting used to as I had already adapted my typing style to the saitek. But, beautiful overall, yes. Large easy to see letters on the keys. Until I get used to this I am hitting double keys easier than I did the saitek. plus this is a bit noisier than what I'm use to. But other than that, fine. Initially I questioned the price tag, but now that I have it, I feel it's a justified investment. Very professional looking. Heavy duty feel. Proof of the pudding will be in next few days as wife uses it during the day with ms office, etc. Now if we can get a matching illuminated mouse??? PLEASE!!!

Post subject: Re: DITTO!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:58 pm 

griz wrote:
Until I get used to this I am hitting double keys easier than I did the saitek. plus this is a bit noisier than what I'm use to. But other than that, fine. Initially I questioned the price tag, but now that I have it, I feel it's a justified investment. Very professional looking. Heavy duty feel.

Can I ask what you meean by "double keys"? I've been having problems with double-strikes on my mushy Apple keyboard. For example, I just typed m e a n, but it came out with two e's. This happens even when I have key repeat turned off. I've been hoping that the well-built Deck 'boards will end my double-strike problem, since the old-style, non-rubber dome keyboards I used to use gave me no problems. (The problem appears to be caused by the way I type, but I never had a problem on my Sun, NeXT, Televideo, Wyse, or IBM keyboards).

Glad you like the gold Legend! I'm thinking about getting one, too.

David

Post subject: double keys
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:17 pm 

Inadvertantly striking two keys at once. But, now that I'm becoming more used to it that is really no longer an issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:29 am 

I think that Deck keyboards take a little adjusting to. At first I didn't see what all the fuss was about, but now I just love it. It's hard to describe, but your fingers just seem to interact well with the keys. It also helps that the keboard as a whole is solid and well-built (speaking about the 82-key Deck here, haven't seen the Legend yet). I think if you have a problem with double-typing characters, it will go away after you get used to the travel distance and feel of the keys. It takes a little time, but it's worth it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]