It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Lock Status LEDs Color?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:54 pm 

DeckGuy,

What color are the lock status LEDs underneath the DECK logo sticker? The website shows "The Legend" 'Gold','Fire', and 'Toxic' LEDs to be blue and the 'Ice' to be red. Which is it? If I were guessing, I'd say all four models have red light emitting diodes and that the depiction of blue LEDs for the 'Gold', 'Fire', and 'Toxic' keyboard is a website mis-representation. What seems to me to be the most logical (at least for consistency sake), would to have the lock status LEDs be the same color as the other keys (yellow for 'Gold', blue for 'Ice', red for 'Fire', and green for 'Toxic').

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:30 pm 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

This has been moved to the General section because it has nothing to do with modding a Deck.

From what I know, there is no misrepresentation as of right now, but there has been talk about changing the lock status LED's to match the rest of the board. If we change it, there will be a post made and the pics will be edited to follow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:13 pm 

For the two boards I got: the Legend Fire has blue indicator LEDs, the regular Deck Ice has a red caps lock LED. Most likely the depiction on this site is correct.

I like it, makes them obvious 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:06 pm 
 WWW  Profile

My "toxic" legend has blue status LEDs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:00 pm 

My Blue Legend has red lock LED's.

I'd originally requested blue lock LED's to be installed, but my request was politely denied due to manufacturing reasons.

It bothered me until I realized that the only lock LED that was on was for the NumLock key, so I just unlocked it and NumLock when I need to use the keypad.

Seems to me that it would have made more sense from the beginning to make the lock LED's the same color as the keys, but either way, I still love the keyboard.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]