It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Legend Keyboard "ICE"
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:17 pm 
 YIM  Profile

I placed my order in for the Legend "ICE" on the 10th of December 2005. I can't wait until it arrives! :D I must say, I have been looking for a keyboard like this for many years. Being that I can not have all (4) four colors on one keyboard, looks like I will have to buy one of each color. :twisted: Thanks for coming up with such a very cool board! One more thing, is there a chance in the near future that one might be able to special order a keyborad with all (4) colors, one color for each section of the keyboard? (F-keys) (Alphanumeric-Key pad) (Home-key pad) and the (10-key pad) Thanks, Anthony

Last edited by ctobsl on Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:12 pm 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it when people like what we make here.

As for getting a keyboard with all four different colors, you will find that it isn't possible with our board because of the voltages of the LEDs. You can however put red and yellow LED's into the same board interchangeably, or greend and blue (yes there are red and blue LED's for lock status lights but that is its own separate issue). If you want the technical specs of our LED's please visit our page with those specs here.

Also as of right now we will not install any different color LEDs into a board for you - they come as advertised and you are responsible for any modifications you would like to make.

And finally if you are interested, as of now we do not sell our LEDs individually or in bulk to customers, but we may in the future. Until then you can try to use the specs given in the above link to match them up if you get them from an electronics supply store.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:08 pm 
 YIM  Profile

Hi there Adam,

Thank you for the reply! I know I will like my keyboard just the way it is. :D I was just curious if it was possible for all (4) colors to be added. My friends are going to hate me now when they see my keyboard. hehehehe Keep up the great work!

Thanks,
Anthony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:41 pm 

regarding other colors, I think my plan is to find some good translucent acrylics and paint some of the keys on the gold keyboard. Yellow is the closest to white and should be able to produce a warm green and reddish orange. Ordered some spare keycaps with my gold ... if it turns out decently I'll post shots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:36 pm 
 YIM  Profile

Hi jahf, 8)

Your plan sounds interesting, please do post your results no matter what the out come is. It will be cool to see what others have done to modify their keyborads.

Anthony :wink:

Last edited by ctobsl on Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:16 am 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Yes, definetly post the results if you go ahead with this. We love to see what Deck owners can come up with for their own customization!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:11 am 
 YIM  Profile

Hey guys! :)

I received my "ICE LEGEND" today, very very cool!
I had no problems with my setup what so ever, just plugged it in and it lit right up. The board is very sturdy and I love the sound of the key clicking, (very nice) I hate those soft key keyboards. :roll: Well, I definatly recomand these keyboards, if you are a light freak like I am, you will enjoy it very much. I can't wait to see what you guys come up with next! :) Have fun punching away... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:19 am 
 YIM  Profile

Here are a few photos of my "ICE LEGEND" keyboard. :shock:

Keyboard on angle, house lights off, keyboard light level is set at 7 :D
Keyboard over head shot, house lights off, keyboard light level is set at 1 :D
Keyboard over head shot, house lights off, keyboard light level is set at 7 :D
Keyboard close up on "\|" key, house lights off, keyboard light level is set at 7. :D
The \ character is the only character that is very dim not counting home, pg up, end, pg dn, ins, del keys on the 10 key pad. Who needs to see them when you have the exact same keys on the Home key pad?
:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:04 pm 

Those are some great pics of the Legend Ice !!

I just got mine today and I can't even find the words to describe how fantastic this keyboard is ! I ordered it on Dec. 28th and it was here (half a country away) on Dec. 30th. Deck is to be commended on thier prompt shipping.

Quick shipping is only part of the praise you guys deserve. For years I have been using what I call Mush Pounder keyboards that feel as if you typing in a bowl of oatmeal. The Deck keys are very much like my IBM RS6000 keyboard and they have a nice positive snap to them when typing. No wimpy soft key clicks here !

Hey Deck guys! When you say this is the last keyboard I'll ever need...You Aint Kiddin! It's Freakin' Sweet! :D :D :D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]