It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: German language version
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:40 pm 

Hi

I like the Deck Legend very much, but it's not for me since there is no german version. :cry:

So my question: are there any common language versions planned for the future. Maybe you can sell a separate caps set for different languages, like your special key caps you already have in stock.

Thank you
Thorsten

Post subject: Re: German language version
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:46 am 

As I learned now by reading all the posts in these forums, you are not interested in creating other language keys than english.

I cannot understand this, since there maybe interested customers all around the world since you are the _only_ one that build a reasonable quality backlit keyboard.

Without your superb keyboard it seems I will never have a lighted keyboard. Please think about it, there _is_ a world outside US.

But if I cannot alter your mind I am looking for an alternative:

1. Are there completely black keys available, maybe one can mill out (engrave) the special characters from the keycap.

2. How many special keycaps are necessary to make it economically possible, don't know if your supplier of keycaps is a secret, if not I could ask then myself.

bye
Thorsten

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:14 pm 
Site Admin

Wie gehts?

It's possible that a German version of the keyboard will be available for the 82 key version of the Deck in the near future. We are currently working on a German language version for an OEM customer of a keyboard similar to the Deck. However, we've yet to figure out how to offer this version without increasing the price of the keyboard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:06 pm 

This is a hopeful sight. If I can help in any way, tell me. But I would like the Legend. What do you think of selling an addon keycap set for the Legend. If you produce the keycaps anyway this would be no big problem.

Ok then there would be one key too less (left of the Y (Z)), but I think I am able to do some moddig to fix this. May be simply map the left control key to <> in the keyboard driver. Or reprogram the microcontroller and add a key where it belongs.

Thank you
Thorsten

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:15 pm 

I was just going to ask the same question about a key-cap set for the Scandinavian countries. The Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, and Danish layouts are all nearly identical(I would imagine they aren't to differnt from the german layout actually). But they change the location of most all of the punctuation keys. All of the QWERTY Letter keys are left unchanged, though there are some additions; Namely ÄÖÅ and Æ.

I'm an American living in Finland. But I can't communicate wihout the ä and ö keys. Which means I justify buying a Déck until such a solution becomes available.....

I WANT ONE OF THESE KEYBOARDS. But I'll never get it past the Finnish wife without the 'right' keyboard layout.

Perhaps a large cap set with many extra caps in it for the various langauges. I would easily drop 30€ more for a bag of caps if it meant I could actually get this thing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:17 am 

After looking into the wikipedia page on keyboard layouts...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_layout

Even a US international keyset would be great. After market or factory, either one would be a instant sale for me. Though it would mean 37 or 38 new key caps.

Othere than that I'm stuck with the daskeyboard :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:23 pm 

While it obviously won't help if you're not a touch-typist, you *can* just change the keyboard layout so that (for instance) the right alt button is treated as an AltGr. It's not a perfect solution if you really want accurate keycaps, but it should work fine otherwise.

I don't have much experience with this sort of layout-changing, but it should be in Control Panel, under Regional and Language Options. I also found these blog posts; the 27 and 28 Jan. posts might be helpful (especially the link to the layout creator).

When I have the time, I might poke around a bit with these to see how things work, but it doesn't look like there's anything too tricky to getting the layout you want. You just can't get the keycaps (although if you were to buy a full set of blank keycaps, you might be able to make your own that work well enough).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:38 pm 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Blank keycap sets can be purchased at the following thread:

http://www.deckkeyboards.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=313

Will also post them on the main site in the future.

EDIT: You can find them on the main site now by clicking here.