It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Deck Legend owners... question about "feel" of key
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:12 pm 

How do the Deck Legend keystrokes feel? If you've owned the old IBM PC/PS2 keyboards, (or Northgate keyboards, which had a similar feel), how do these compare?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:56 am 

The Deck boards don't use buckling spring technology like the old IBM M Keyboards. This technology gives the IBM boards a very unique feel. The Deck boards use a different switch style, but they also have a very good key feel. Not quite as good as the key feel of the IBM's (Nothing will ever match those,) but they offer good feedback. I find that typing on my Deck is quite an enjoyable experience. I have noticed though that certain keys give slightly less positive feedback than others (Shift, Backspace, Number pad 0 and Enter, to name a few. The IBM's have a uniform feel to all the keys.) This, generaly, does not detract from the typing experience.

That being said, Deck says that their keyswitches are rated at 50 million keypresses, I believe. I think that the buckling springs on the IBM's are rated at about half of that.

Bottom line: The Deck keyboards offer very pleasant key feel. Its different than the feel of the IBM's, but infinitely better than 99% of the keyboards you can find in stores. The Deck's keyswitches are rated for longer life than the IBM's. Finally, the Deck is a lit keyboard. There is NO lit keyboard that even comes close to the Deck boards as far as quality.

No gerbils were harmed in the posting of this message

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:31 pm 

Spriz wrote:
Bottom line: The Deck keyboards offer very pleasant key feel. Its different than the feel of the IBM's, but infinitely better than 99% of the keyboards you can find in stores. The Deck's keyswitches are rated for longer life than the IBM's. Finally, the Deck is a lit keyboard. There is NO lit keyboard that even comes close to the Deck boards as far as quality.

QFT. Deck has the best key feel out there. I was a klicky keyboard man , owning a Model M IBM keyboard. But Figured I would try the Deck since I had heard good things about their keys. While the keys do not buckle like on the Model M, they do have nice audible feedback at the bottom of their stroke. Keys are not mushy feeling at all, like on typical membrane keyboards.

The deck is now my favorite keyboard, and my trusty klicky is kept in the closet as a backup if ever my Deck should fale...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]