It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: full size Deck update
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:11 am 

We are a few weeks away from testing the protos. If all goes well (UL, FCC testing) then we will have production keyboards ready by late summer.

thanks
Deck Guy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:30 am 
 YIM  Profile

i cant fight it... to strong... *hugs deck guy :) * Yay woot... yay ... damn ... so happy.... want a full KB... in red... from you ..... need ... it so bad :P well hurry it up, you got a buyer right here *i gots teh money :P*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:45 am 
 YIM  Profile

deck i almost hate to ask am i looking at a $150.00 kb? or... more? need to know how bankrupt it will make me to make my dream kb be in front of me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:57 am 

That's terrific news - can't wait to get a blue one the moment they are available. Whoohoo!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:29 pm 

Yes!

Can't wait for glowing green in the office at night.

Please post a note here when the 'boards are ready (I'm subscribing to this thread).

And as always, you likely have one smacking good beta pool if you look at the email addy's of your forum subscribers (hey, a little hint doesn't hurt?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:39 pm 
 WWW  Profile

I feel excited about a full size Deck, but if the layout will not be standard I won't be able to use it. I'm still trying to get used to my Golds layout and am willing to do so, but I will not for a full sized keyboard.

What I mean by standard is:
- There should not be an f-lock key etc.
- del/ins/home/end/pgdn/pgup block should be separate equal sized 6 keys. All 6 keys must be equal sized and the section should be of 6 keys, not 9 as in some layouts.

- I don't care about the Windows key
- I don't care about the pause/scroll lock/prtsc block placement as long as they are separate.
- Ideally the FN key also should be placed so that it won't mess with the standard layout.

I hope deck guy has good news for me :)

All the best,
Burak

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:41 am 

Here's my thoughts on the layout:

Make it be basically just like my IBM Model M keyboard. That is, a standard 101 key layout. With the \ key above the enter key, left and right shift/control/alt keys, and the ~ key to the left of the 1 key. Seperate blocks for the arrow keys, numeric keypad, ins/del/home/end/page up/page down, and prntscrn/scroll lock/pause. Put the Windows key/Right click key, and FN key on the top right where the numlock etc. LEDs usually go in a normal keyboard (since those the LEDs will be imbedded in their respective keys, right?). This will keep those keys out of the way for gaming, but they will still be on the keyboard because they do come in handy.

Like some other posters have mentioned, an integrated USB 2.0 hub would be a nice touch (but I could live without).

Also, any news on the numeric keypad add on for the normal deck?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:45 am 
 YIM  Profile

Deck guy post :( tell us it passed all test and opionons and that you love us and that your ready to sell the Full Keyboards :( why deck guy why.... .. please say these things :P

Post subject: Big Deck - when
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:59 pm 

alright - here is an update. The PCB has just be completed and is off to have a proto made. We will use this proto to test with. if we pass the FCC tests we will have production about 6 weeks after that. So - we are about 8 - 10 weeks away.
I know it's now the best news, but it where we are.
Deck Guy

Post subject: That's progress...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:54 am 
 WWW  Profile

Take your time and do it right. Does this PCB address the "phantom key" issue that plagued my deck Ice?

Post subject: Re: Big Deck - when
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:04 am 
 WWW  Profile

deck guy wrote:
alright - here is an update. The PCB has just be completed and is off to have a proto made. We will use this proto to test with. if we pass the FCC tests we will have production about 6 weeks after that. So - we are about 8 - 10 weeks away.
I know it's now the best news, but it where we are.
Deck Guy

Hi Deck Guy

I'm a OS X user who has been anxiously awaiting this board and like a lot of others here, will buy it the day it's available. But it's only really useable for us Mac users if the Windows key is in its traditional spot down by the space bar (that becomes our oft-used "Command" key). Since I haven't seen anyone mention this, I'm wondering if the Windows key is still going to be moved like on the current models. I realize this is a board designed for gaming and it gets in the way down there for the PC users but us Powermac users in darkened recording studios need some love too. What's the word on the Windows key?

Thanks, Toxify

Post subject: meep
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:00 am 
 YIM  Profile

Deck Guy your going to post pictures of the prototype? if you do, im sure we will all hug you, and if you dont.... your make us sad :( :P

Post subject: no pictures
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:44 am 

I'm sorry - we only have the PCB right now for protos. The PCB has switches and a few parts that are going for testing. It doesn't look like much right now. When we do have something to show I'll post it.

thanks
Deck Guy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:13 am 
 YIM  Profile

again i think you deserve a large hug :P whoot, keep up the good work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:24 pm 
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

What about the 21 key? Is that a lost issue?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next